How Do I Set The A Record For 1&1?
Setting the A Record
You can only edit the A record of a domain that is hosted with 1&1.
It is suggested to read why a domain's DNS settings are unable to be modified in case you encounter this problem during the steps below.
- Log in to the 1&1 Control Panel using your Customer ID OR domain name and your password. If you have only one package, you will land on the Administration page. If you have more than one package, select the package in question to reach its Administration page.
- Click the Domain Center link from the Domains panel
- Check the box next to the domain and click the Edit DNS Settings button from the Domain Settings tab
- If the domain is not currently set to use the 1&1 name servers, you will not be able to change the IP address within the 1&1 Control Panel. You will need to update the IP address with your current DNS host.
- Select Other IP address and enter 184.108.40.206 (the IP address) within the text boxes. Each number separated by a dot(.) should be typed into a separate text box.
- Click the Save button when finished
- A confirmation is displayed that the domains will be updated. As with all DNS settings, it may take 24-48 hours until the settings are fully updated and recognized by all server/computers on the Internet.
For more information, click here
How Do I Set The A Record For Bluehost?
How to Change a Bluehost DNS Entry Records can be edited and deleted by clicking on the links next to each record listed in the DNS Zone Editor. Please note that you must have an active hosting account to utilize custom DNS Records. Log into your ...
How Do I Set An A Record For Directnic?
Setting an A record In order to manage your domain name’s DNS records, simply follow these steps: Log in to your secure Directnic Dashboard Hover over the My Services section of the navigation bar From the drop down menu select Domains Click on the ...
How Do I Set An A Record For ENom?
Setting an A record In order to manage your domain name’s DNS records, simply follow these steps: Log in to your eNom account Click Domains on the navigation bar Click Registered Click on the domain name you wish to configure In the Manage Domain ...
How Do I Set A WordPress A Record?
Setting an A Record Setting a custom A record is only available if you already added a custom domain to your blog. Your domain’s settings live under Store → Domains in your dashboard. Every custom domain you added to your blog will have an Edit ...
How Do I Set The A Record For Google Apps?
Setting Your A Record Sign in to your domain's account at your domain host Locate the page for updating your domain's DNS records. (The page might be called something like DNS Management, Name Server Management, or Advanced Settings). Locate the A ...