Using An Existing Domain Name
You can carry over an existing domain name to your new website using the Web builder.
How to Use an Existing Domain Name
- Click Publish
- You will be taken to General Terms & Conditions, which you can review
- Click Accept Terms & Publish
- You will be taken to the Enter a Domain screen
- Click Use an Existing Domain
- You will be taken to Enter Your Existing Domain
- Type in your current domain name
- Click Add Domain
- You will be notified if the domain name is registered
- Click Yes, Use This Domain
- You will be taken to Checkout
- Verify your billing information and enter your payment information
- A transaction-summary page confirming your purchase will be displayed
- Notification of a temporary publishing domain will be displayed. DNS information is provided so that your registrar can point your domain to your new website.
How Can I Use An Existing Domain Name?
You can carry over an existing domain name to your new website using the Web builder. How to Use an Existing Domain Name Click Publish You will be taken to General Terms & Conditions, which you can review Click Accept Terms & Publish You will be ...
What Is Domain Pointing?
If you purchased your domain from a registrar, it will continue to be hosted by the registrar. Your website can be viewed by visitors when they input your domain name only if you make sure that there is a connection between your domain and the IP ...
How Do I Point My Existing Domain To My Website?
To point your domain to your website, you will need to access your domain registrar’s DNS settings. DNS access and settings will vary, based on the registrar, but the A record (address record) must be pointed to the IP (Internet protocol) address for ...
Selecting A Domain Name
Our Web builder lets you select a new domain name for your website. Consider several factors when selecting the domain’s name. You might want to incorporate your name, specialty or practice’s location for the domain name that best applies.
Domain Name Is Unavailable
Domain Name You Select Is Unavailable You may find that the domain name you want to use is taken. Try to find a domain name that incorporates your name, specialty or practice’s location to make it distinctive.